Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position within the Human Resource Management & Development Unit, at the National Land Agency.
PENSION OFFICER - (TEMPORARY)
One (1) year and five (5) Months
To ensure that the Executive Agency Pension (EA) Scheme and the Government of Jamaica’s Pension (GOJ) Scheme are administered in accordance with their respective Pension Acts and Regulations.
- Agency’s Pension Schemes administered
- Pension documents prepared and submitted
- Information regarding pension benefits communicated
- Assists with the administration of the EA and GOJ Pension Schemes
- Assists with the review and update of the human resource policies and ensures their dissemination and implementation
Technical/ Professional Responsibilities
- Coordinates the processes relating to retirement/pension of employees for both the EA and GOJ Pension Schemes
- Ensures that accurate information regarding the pension scheme is disseminated in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the preparation of relevant documents for the refund of EA/GOJ Pension Benefits
- Sets meeting dates and prepares agenda for persons who will be retiring in a timely manner
- Advice Directors in a timely manner on the persons who are slated to proceed on retirement
- Advise persons retiring on the relevant documentation that is necessary for submission to the relevant pension service provider for processing
- Assists employees who are retiring to select the best pension benefits option
- Ensures that employees are enrolled in the Executive Agency Pension plan immediately following their confirmation
- Prepares Service Record for submission to the Ministry of Finance
- Responds to inquiries or complaints from employees enrolled in the Agency’s Pension Schemes
- Liaises with the pension providers to request relevant pension forms and make presentation to staff regarding any changes in pension scheme
- Ensure that retirement benefits are paid to employees
- Deals with pension claims for persons separating from the Agency in a timely manner
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Manager – Pension, Leave and Records Management
- Pension documents to both the EA and GOJ Pension Schemes are accurate and submitted within the time specified
- Service Records are completed within the guaranteed time
- Pension related issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Divisional Heads are advised within the specified guaranteed time
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, or equivalent qualification
- At least three (3) years’ related working experience
Remuneration Package :- Salary Range : $1,892,725.00- $2,032,449.00 p.a.
A letter of application accompanied by a Résumé should be submitted no later than June 25, 2021 to email@example.com for the attention of:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.