Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position within the Human Resource Management & Development Unit, at the National Land Agency.
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY- (NOT VACANT)
Under the general direction of the Director, Human Resource Management & Development, the Executive Secretary is required to provide effective and efficient secretarial and administrative support in order to improve and ensure timely delivery of service.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Technical/ Professional Responsibilities
- Performs stenographic duties for the production of letters, memoranda, minutes and other official documents
- Monitors all inquiries directed to the office and provide where possible necessary advice or information required by clients
- Liaises as necessary between the Manager and the other staff for dissemination of information and instructions
- Assists to prepare and collate various reports and documents produced by the Unit
- Provides necessary logistic support in arranging meetings, seminars and fora by arranging venues, informing attendees, and other related activities
- Establishes and maintains a records management system/procedure for the Unit
- Performs follow ups to secure timely response from internal and external entities in respect to letters and memoranda emanating from the Unit
- Prepares draft responses, letters, memoranda, reports and notes of meetings
- Monitoring stationery and other miscellaneous items used in the office
- Performs other related duties assigned from time to time by the Manager.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administrative and secretarial skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in typing (50-55 words per minute)
- Knowledge of basic office management and records management
- Ability to interact with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
Minimum Required Education and experience
- Successful completion of the Certificate in Administrative Management Level – 3
- Four (4) CXC/GCE O’Level including English Language
- Graduate of an accredited Secretarial School
- Five (5) years related working experience
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency in the use of MS Office applications including MS Word and MS Excel
- CPS/CAP designation would be an asset
Salary Range: $1,493,340.00 - $1,608,301.00 p.a.
A letter of application accompanied by a Résumé should be submitted no later than June 25, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of:
The Director, Human Resource Management & Development
National Land Agency
8 Ardenne Road
We appreciate all responses but only short-listed applicants will be contacted.