Factories Corporation of Jamaica invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
PUBLIC PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Under the general supervision of the Procurement Manager, the incumbent is to assist in the procurement processes required for the acquisition of goods and services essential for the operation for the MDA, The Public Procurement Officer will ensure that all procurements are conducted in accordance with the Government of Jamaica procurement guidelines and procedures (Public Procurement Act 2015).
APPLICANT SHOULD HAVE:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Management Studies, Business Administration or similar course of study plus professional qualification in Supplies and Purchasing Management, and Inventory Management, and Training in Budget Management.
- Three (3) years procurement experience in a similar position.
- Certificate in Public Procurement: UNDP/CIPS Level 2 or INPRI Level 4 and MIND is an Asset
- Diploma in Public Administration/Management Studies/ Accounting or any other related field
- Three (3) years procurement experience in a similar position,
- Certificate in Public Procurement: UNDP/CIPS Level 2 or INPRI Level 2 and MIND an Asset.
SPECIAL SKILLS & APTITUDE
- Extensive knowledge of Government Procurement guidelines and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of contract administration, and accounting practices as applied to procurement procedures;
- Knowledge of office management principles, practices and procedures;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Procurement records in good order to facilitate audit and other reviews;
- Prepare tender notices and advertisements;
- Review and evaluate proposals and bids received and assist with the process of engaging consultants and suppliers;
- Liaise with relevant departments and stakeholders to have RFPs and bidding documents prepared, approved and issued in a timely manner according to the approved budget;
- Receive, compile and process purchase requisition forms for all wards and departments for the procurement of goods;
- Check invoices to ensure correct price, follow through to ensure that materials ordered have been received,
examine the condition of materials received, and recommend invoices for payment;
- Follow up with relevant government agencies to obtain the approval of proposed contract awards in a timely manner;
- Develop and execute measurement tools to accurately gauge vendor's performance and communicate results internally and externally as necessary.
Applications with résumés should
be sent no later than:
March 26, 2021
Human Resource & Administration Manager
17 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5
Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.