THE MONEAGUE COLLEGE
The Moneague College is one of the premiere tertiary institutions in Jamaica. It is multi-disciplinary by nature and places emphasis on excellence in the delivery of its products. We wish to invite highly motivated and suitably qualified individuals to apply for the following position with effect from (May 1, 2021).
The Personnel Manager is the chief human resources officer responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of personnel services in accordance with legal and regulatory framework, institutional goals, policies and professional standards. The incumbent is required to provide strategic leadership and direction to all facets of human resource management as it pertains to faculty and staff across the College community. The Personnel Manager coordinates personnel activities such as recruitment, placement and empowerment of employees, classification and salary administration, interpretation of personnel policies and employee/Labor relations. The Personnel Manager reports to the Principal and advises him on all matters related to the strategic delivery of personnel functions.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Articulate a clear vision for the Department of Human Resources.
- Create and implement an annual departmental operational plan aligned to the College’s Strategic Development Plan.
- Implement policies and procedure of the parent Ministry as directed by the Board through the Principal.
- Develop and maintain records/data systems for evidence based decision-making.
- Conduct an annual performance review of department and team members against pre-determined targets.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team and other
committees as requested.
- Report on the issues, successes, challenges, decisions taken and initiatives employed by the department so as to ensure operational efficiency and goal attainment.
- Develop and implement, monitor and evaluate appropriate policies and procedures relevant to the work of the department.
- Supervise and inspect the outputs of all team members who comprise the department.
- Assist in preparation of the College calendar.
- Represent the College where appropriate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent qualification. Having a master’s degree or additional training will be advantageous.
- Five (5) years’ experience in Human Resource Management
- Demonstrate thorough-knowledge of emerging trends in HRM
- Knowledge of the policy and regulatory framework that guides HR services
- Strong leadership skills and a vision for the Department
- A pro-active, energetic and enthusiastic outlook, strong sense of fairness and justice, a sense of humor and open friendly demeanor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks in a complex environment
- Demonstrate strong conflict management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Sound knowledge of data and records management
- Competence in the use of computers and Management
- Information Systems with related software applications.
Kindly submit applications no later than March 12, 2021 to:
C/o The Principal
Email us at: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest.
However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.