Applications are invited to fill the following post in the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries: Assistant Market Development Officer (GMG/SEG 1) – (Not Vacant) in the Agricultural Market and Information Branch, salary range $1,577,167- $1,874,755 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Under the direct supervision of the Market Development Officer (GMG/SEG 2), the Assistant Market Development Officer (GMG/SEG 1) will assists by supporting the activities that relates to Agricultural Infrastructure Selection and Development. The incumbent will also assists with the logistical issues relating to distribution both nationally and internationally.
- Assists with brand development for the various agricultural produce;
- Assists in the co-ordination of training programme for stakeholders on grades and standards for agricultural produce;
- Assists in the development of Promotional Plans related to the nutritional content of crops;
- Monitors projects targeting Agri-business and Rural Development;
- Collects information regarding local, world production, exporters, importers, domestic consumption, supply availability, purchases and price from traders in agricultural produce and submits Target Market Report to Branch Head;
- Attends Board/Farmers meetings and prepares reports of significant outputs from these meeting;
- Prepares Monthly, Quarterly, Half yearly and Annual Reports for the traditional commodities and ensures that market news, Situation and Outlook Reports are completed and submitted;
- Identifies and makes recommendations for suitable locations for the development and upgrade for Distribution Hubs;
- Assists in conducting research for the enhancement and development of the Agricultural Infrastructure;
- Assists in the preparation and updates schedules for production and productivity initiatives for local production, exports and processing needs for varying crops and exporters’ needs;
- Performs other related functions assigned from time to time by the Market Development Officer.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Good customer relations skills
- Knowledge of agricultural production and marketing systems
- Sound knowledge of the organization policies and procedures
- Good presentation skills
- Proficiency in the relevant computer software applications
- Good research skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or Agricultural related sciences and diploma or similar certification in Management studies;
- Three (3) years’ experience in Marketing with Agricultural emphasis; and
- Two (2) years’ experience in Management.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Extensive Travelling Island- Wide
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Thursday August 12, 2021 to:
Human Resource Management and Development Division
Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.